Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Interior Designer

You know what is the most confusing thing about being an Interior Decorator? I have NO idea what the hell to do to my own home. I love all things "home" so much that there is NO word for the style I have going on in my home. What makes it worse, is that I'm an artist as well, therefore every time I paint something, I somehow feel compelled to hang it in my home even though it goes with NOTHING!!!!

But let's be honest, everything in my home right now is in its transitional stage. I have bachelor furniture which includes a BLUE LEATHER SOFA and a LazyBoy recliner. And then there's the bachelorette things which include floral print lamps and leopard covered EVERYTHING. Nothing says "married couple" aside from his and her toothbrushes and an occasional fight over the toilet seat being left up. This has got to change, and I've known this for two years now but...I simply can't do it. This is the first time in Interior Decorating when I simply...don't know.

I blame my mother and father. My mother mostly because she paved the way to expensive taste, which I've never quite understood because we were never really "wealthy" growing up. But boy, oh boy, do we pick out the ONLY things in the store that cost more than my car. I mean, have you seen my wedding photos? You saw my dress....THAT is what happens when you can't afford what you really want. My Dad's hand in this comes from the "explorer" part of me. I do not like to find things at Costco or Target...I have this constant urge to have an original print from the artist, and original throw from the maker in New Mexico or hand rolled candles from New York. I truly, would much rather be ordinary, because then at least my home would make sense. I guess for now we will be eclectic gypsies who love all things woodsy.

Perhaps my next decor purchase will be a money tree...even then I love too many styles.

Erica Lamoureaux come help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment